Who can honestly believe that it is Friday again ALREADY ?? The weeks are certainly flying by but if time flies when you are having fun… then I must be having a LOAD of fun!
Alas Friday is here which means 2 things for me; Feature Friday on the blog where I find one of my favourite recipes by my well loved famous foodies AND Froyo Friday in our house where we make delicious frozen yoghurt, peanut butter and banana desserts and sit on the couch in front of a movie and bring on the weekend (tonight we are watching Selma)!!!! And just to make things even more awesome – it’s a long weekend in the Nations Capital this weekend too!!
So feature Friday today is by the wonderfully talented Angela – author of the blog “Oh She Glows” . Check out her website HERE. It has been a year since she released her first book so I thought this was a fitting feature Friday. And of course I chose something with peanut butter in it!!!! These crunch bars are super easy to make and you should have most of the ingredients in the pantry ready to go. Perfect little sweet treat to have on hand when you have a sugar or chocolate craving but don’t want the chocolate or sugar!!!
MINI CRUNCH BARS WITH PEANUT BUTTER DRIZZLE
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup cacao powder
5 tablespoons maple syrup, agave or honey
pinch of fine grain sea salt, to taste
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup rice crisp cereal/puffed rice
Peanut Butter Shell Drizzle
2 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter
1.5-2 teaspoons coconut oil, as needed to thin out
1 teaspoon maple syrup, agave or honey
- For the crunch bar: Line a brownie tin with two pieces of parchment paper, one going each way. In a pot over low heat, gently melt the coconut oil and then whisk in the rest of the crunch bar ingredients (except the rice crisp) to taste. Once the mixture is smooth remove from heat and stir in the rice crisp cereal. Pour mixture into prepared tin, smooth out, and then freeze for 10-15 minutes, or until the chocolate is solid.
- For the PB drizzle: Melt the coconut oil and then whisk in the peanut butter and liquid sweetener. Adjust to taste if desired. Scoop into a plastic baggie.
- Remove crunch bar from freezer and cut into 12 small bars. Snip a tiny hole in the baggie and drizzle the PB mixture onto the bar (you can also try drizzling it with a spoon, if desired).
- Return bars to the freezer until the PB drizzle is solid, about 5 minutes.
- Serve straight from the freezer or fridge. Bars will melt slightly at room temperature so I don’t suggest keeping them out long. Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer.
Thanks Angela for your awesome recipe and good luck for your next books to come!!
Happy Friday all